Langkawi 3D2N Travel 2016

Last week, I was at Langkawi on an impromptu solo travel. Below is the summary of my three days two nights’ trip at the island.

Eagle Square, a must-go in Langkawi

There are many alternatives to reach Langkawi island, with airplane being the most convenient way of travel and it can be the cheapest as well, if booked 2 or 3 months in advance. As the decision was made on last day before travel, I started to plan on a bus-ferry trip.

K. Perlis bus terminal

#Tip1: Note that if you are coming from KL, you can choose to take the bus to ferry terminal at Georgetown (State of Penang), Kuala Kedah (State of Kedah) or Kuala Perlis (State of Perlis). Refer to www.langkawi-ferry.com for more information relating the daily ferry schedules and fares from locations above.

Left to Gecko Guesthouse

Breakfast Bar on Pantai Cenang

Yong dropped me at Putrajaya Sentral on the Wednesday morning. The bus departed for Kuala Perlis at 830 a.m from TBS. During journey, it made a few stops at Hentian Duta, one R&R, Butterworth, Alor Setar, Kangar before arriving at Kuala Perlis bus terminal. The K. Perlis Jetty is just a little walk from bus terminal and the ferry journey took around an hour. At Kuah Jetty at Langkawi, I hired a scooter bike for two days. While I was on my bike, it started to rain. I pulled over at one Malay restaurant, waiting for the rain to cease. Finally, I checked in at Gecko Guesthouse at 930 p.m. It was a long day and the rain never stopped at that night.

Skybridge, and it worth the RM5 entrance in addition

Use Skyglide, if you are lazy for the 15 minutes walk to the Skybridge

The second day, after breakfast at Pantai Cenang area, I visited the Langkawi Skycable and Seven Wells Waterfall with a backpacker from London. Christina is currently on her five weeks South East Asia backpacking trip. That night, Bob from guesthouse recommended me to pay a visit to their night market (it is the Bohor Tempoyak night market I realized after). It was a 10 minutes walking and I had my noodle with fried chicken and local snacks as post-dinner meal. I took a stroll on Pantai Cenang before packing myself for next morning departure.

Seven Wells

Thursday night market along Jalan Bohor Tempoyak

I used the same method returning to KL as how I arrived at the lovely Island. However, the bus duration was longer this time. There were lesser passengers and the bus was half an hour late at K. Perlis bus terminal. We had to wait for the driver to make a changeover at Alor Setar gas station and it was more than an hour wasted in total.

Cenang Mall

#Tip2: For those who are on the rush for flight at KL, it is advised to not opt the bus service from K. Perlis bus terminal to TBS. If one insists, spare a minimum of 10 hours for the bus journey alone.
#Tip3: For those arriving/ leaving at Kuah Jetty, spend some time at the Eagle Square. It is a mere 5 minutes’ walk from the jetty terminal and certainly one of the sights to behold at Langkawi.

My 3D2N Budget at Langkawi

Category
(Ringgit Malaysia)
Day 1
Day 2
Day 3
Transportation
73
-
65
Accommodation
20
20
-
Food
19
22
11
Entrance ticket
-
35
-
Bike Rental
38
35
-
Souvenir (Chocolate)
-
-
13
Total
≈ 350
ERL = Express Rail Link (also known as KLIA Express)
TBS = Terminal Bersepadu Selatan (previously known as Bandar Tasik Selatan)
R&R = Rest & Service Areas (RSAs)

Spectacular view of Langkawi Island

Comments